Microwave Radio Frequency Analysis Services
- FCSA offers a terrestrial system microwave radio frequency analysis service to organizations who are not members of FCSA.
- FCSA has over 35 years of experience with its MICS software and database in providing accurate and reliable results to its members.
- FCSA’s database contains technical data for over 140,000 terrestrial microwave radio stations and over 3,000 satellite earth stations.
- FCSA’s MICS software tool has the functionality to accept radio frequency analysis for terrestrial point-to-point, point-to-multipoint microwave radio systems, area licensed terrestrial microwave radio systems and satellite earth stations.
- FCSA’s database is divided into two segments – one containing public data and one containing confidential data. The latter is only accessible by the operator who owns the radio system that is represented by this data.
- The following terrestrial microwave radio and satellite operators are already using FCSA’s MICS software and database to plan their telecommunications networks:
BC Hydro, Bell Aliant, Bell Canada, Bell Mobility Cellular, Bell MTS, BRAGG Communications Inc. – eastlink,Department of National Defence, Freedom Mobile, Hydro One, Hydro-Québec, Navigata Communications Limited, Northern Tel, Télébec, NorthwesTel, Ontera, Rogers Communications Canada Inc., SaskTel, TBayTel,TekSavvy,Shaw Communications Inc., Telesat Canada, Telus Communications Inc., TeraGo Networks Inc., Videotron Ltd.,WireIE Holdings International Inc., Xplornet Communications Inc., Zayo Canada.
- A general outline of the process and procedures used by FCSA and its members in their active involvement in spectrum management with other radio system operators and Industry Canada can be found under Frequency Coordination Procedures on FCSA’s home web page.
- If you are a terrestrial microwave radio licensee, a consultant designing terrestrial microwave radio systems for a client, or a microwave radio equipment manufacturer installing a “turnkey” system for a client, FCSA can provide you with a reliable service of radio frequency interference analysis with proven accurate results.
- It is as simple as completing the data elements for all of the necessary technical parameters of your proposed terrestrial radio system in the attached Minimum Coordination Data spreadsheet and forwarding it electronically to FCSA.
- If you want to learn more about this service offered by FCSA, please go to the contact us page and ask us for a quote.